After a dreary, cold winter, there is no better way to revive and refresh your home than with spring flowers and plants. A time of rebirth and rejuvenation, spring has an energy and freshness to it that we all want to have in our homes as well. After de-cluttering, cleaning, and packing away heavy blankets, give your place an easy spring refresh by sprinkling around some gorgeous spring flowers and plants.
The floral experts at WildFlower, the best florist in Baltimore and Annapolis, have a few tips and ideas for breathing new life into your abode with spring florals. From freshening up your hallway, kitchen, bathroom, or bathroom, you’ll discover cheap and cheery ways to bring the glory of springtime inside.
Refresh Your Kitchen
A good way to spring clean your kitchen is from the top and to the bottom. Things that take up a lot of space like cupboards, cabinets, and pantries are good places to start. Wipe down the tops, sides, and surfaces, and then tackle the appliances next. Organize and de-clutter as you clean. Natural cleaners like lemon and vinegar work great on tough stains and won’t leave a strong chemical odor.
Renew with Spring Flowers
After a good spring cleaning, add fresh spring plants and flowers around your kitchen to freshen it up and add pops of color. Place one flower each into several clear small vases and put them on your window sill for a chic, bright look, or, gather together a bunch of flowers and put them inside a decorative ceramic teapot for instant farm-house style charm. Other excellent plants and florals perfect for the kitchen include:
- Peace Lily: Easy-to-care-for and a great air-purifying plant
- Carnations: Colorful and cheerful, they also symbolize luck and purity
- Tulips: The classic symbol of spring, tulips come in a variety of bright colors that inspire happiness and cheer
- Eucalyptus: With numerous medicinal qualities, this greenery also has a unique leaf shape and a fresh, minty scent
Revive Your Bathroom
The best place to start in your bathroom is to de-clutter and empty out the contents of drawers and cabinets. Organize as you go throwing away expired medicine and makeup and keeping only what you really use. Next, give the faucets and countertops a good cleaning with a mixture of lemon and vinegar to make them shine.
Revive with Spring Flowers
Turn your bathroom from boring to elegant with well-placed plants or vases of fresh flowers. Having plants in your bathroom makes it a more luxurious, and elegant place to be. Orchids are a top choice for a bathroom plant because they thrive in humid conditions. Other good flower choices include:
- Daffodils: Brighten your bathroom, reduce stress, and add a cheerful pop of color with these beauties
- Gerbera Daisies: Joyful and pretty, daises make everyone smile
- Sunflowers: A sunny bloom that symbolizes the joy and happiness
- Hyacinths: Fragrant and colorful, a vase of hyacinths adds elegance and charm
Refine Your Bedroom
Pack away the heavy, dark winter bedding and lighten up your room with a light, floral comforter and something in a pastel. White bedding is also nice with a few accent pillows in pale peach, blue, or green. After cleaning out your closet, place an open box of baking soda on the floor to absorb any remaining musty smells. Don’t forget to clean under the bed and wash your pillows, too.
Refine with Spring Flowers
Freshen your sleeping space with colorful spring blooms and plants. Add a palm or snake plant in a decorative planter to get their air-purifying benefits. Place spring flowers in a vase on your nightstand or dresser for an elegant boost of color and finesse. Here are more floral ideas for sprucing up your bedroom.
- Sweet Pea: Elegant and dainty, this flower symbolizes grace and gratitude
- Peonies: Elegant and lush, this bountiful bloom adds grace and beauty to any space
- Hydrangea: Full and fabulous, these florals promote peace and calm
- Orchids: A exotic and sophisticated flower that symbolizes refinement
Bringing Spring into the home is a wonderful way to enjoy the season and to give your home a colorful refresh. Blooming plants and flowers have a magical way of turning the ordinary into the extraordinary. Revive your spirits and your home with the best of spring.